October 3, 2016
Word of the month is “INDIVIDUALITY”- “Discovering who you are meant to be so you can make a difference.”
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. is awarding four scholarships ranging from $1,000-$5,000. See Ms. Jenkins in Guidance for more information about this scholarship. Deadline to submit all information is October 21, 2016.
- All senior students with a 2.0 cumulative grade point average and are planning to earn a bachelors degree is strongly encouraged to apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarship. You will need to submit your application at www.horatioalger.org/scholarship. Deadline to submit application is October 25, 2016.
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship- Great opportunity for students to receive $30,000 per school year. Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.5. Please see me for more information. Deadline is Nov. 30, 2016.
- Caption Scholarship- Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 and be a US resident. Apply at www.studentscholarships.org/scholarship/13572odenza_caption_scholarship_scholarship.org. Deadline is Nov. 30, 2016
- The Elks National Foundation awards 2.44 million dollars in scholarships annually to high school seniors nationwide. All those interested should apply at www.elks.org/enf/scholars/mvs.cfm. Deadline is Nov. 30, 2016.
- SC Teaching Fellows Scholarship sponsored by CERRA awards approximately 200 students a year scholarships. All seniors interested in becoming a teacher please see Ms. Jenkins in Guidance for more information about this scholarship. Deadline to submit application is December 1, 2016.
- The Hampton Wildlife Fund is offering several scholarships to those that are interested in pursuing a career in the natural resources discipline of wildlife biology, fisheries biology, forestry, marine, or environmental sciences as well as law enforcement, criminal justice, forensic science, journalism, advertising, public relations, and mass communication. Deadline to apply is January 17, 2017. Apply at www.hamptonwildlifefund.org/scholarship.html.
- Harry Hampton Scholarship- $2500/yr for 4 years.
- Wallace F. Pate Scholarship- $1500
- Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation- $2500
- David M. Cline Scholarship- $2000
- James O. Thomason Scholarship- $1000
- Accelerate Greater Charleston Scholarship- is offering a full scholarship for students that are interested in attending Trident Tech. All interested students should contact me as soon as possible.
- Church of Our Savior is offering scholarships to students that are interested in attending a four year college in the Fall. See Ms. Jenkins in Guidance for an application. Deadline is April 1, 2017.
- The Peck Law Firm is offering a scholarship in the amount of $2,000 to students interested in attending a four year college or university. Students must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Please apply at http://thepeckfirm.com/?s=2017+scholarship. Deadline is May 31.
- ACT and SAT fee waivers are now available for Seniors. See Ms. Jenkins in Guidance.