Word of the month is “COMPASSIONATE”- “Caring enough to do something about someone else’s needs.”
- Accelerate Greater Charleston Scholarship- is offering a full scholarship for students that are interested in attending Trident Tech. All interested students should contact me as soon as possible.
- The Hampton Wildlife Fund is offering several scholarships to those that are interested in pursuing a career in the natural resources discipline of wildlife biology, fisheries biology, forestry, marine, or environmental sciences as well as law enforcement, criminal justice, forensic science, journalism, advertising, public relations, and mass communication. Deadline to apply is January 17, 2017. Apply at www.hamptonwildlifefund.org/scholarship.html.
- Harry Hampton Scholarship- $2500/yr for 4 years.
- Wallace F. Pate Scholarship- $1500
- Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation- $2500
- David M. Cline Scholarship- $2000
- James O. Thomason Scholarship- $1000
- The National Association of Federal Education Program Administrators is offering four scholarships. Deadline to have scholarship application completed is and returned to guidance is Jan. 10, 2017. Please see stop by guidance for an application.
- Twenty Pearls Foundation of Charleston, Inc. is offering a scholarship in honor of Marie Goodloe-Johnson and Melanie Williams-Smalls up to $1,000. Please see Ms. Jenkins for an application. Deadline is January 24, 2017.
- Twenty Pearls Foundation of Charleston, Inc. is offering a scholarship for students interest in attending a Historical Black College and University. Please see Ms. Jenkins for an application. Deadline is January 24, 2017.
- Continental Societies, Inc. is offering a scholarship to students that are interested in attending a four year college. All information must be typed. Deadline is January 24, 2017. Please provide me with your email and application will be emailed to you.
- The Wihhelmina Gray Foundation is offering several scholarships to qualifying senior students. Deadline to apply is February 8, 2017.
- Church of Our Savior is offering scholarships to students that are interested in attending a four year college in the Fall. See Ms. Jenkins in Guidance for an application. Deadline is April 1, 2017.
- The American Legion 79th Annual High School Oratorical Scholarship Program, “A Constitutional Speech Contest”, is offering scholarships ranging from $500-$18,000. Apply at www.legion.org/documents/legion/pdf/oratoricalrules.pdf. Deadline is April 23, 2016.
- The Peck Law Firm is offering a scholarship in the amount of $2,000 to students interested in attending a four year college or university. Students must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Please apply at http://thepeckfirm.com/?s=2017+scholarship. Deadline is May 31.
ACT and SAT fee waivers are now available for Seniors. See Ms. Jenkins in Guidance.